Last night I went to a pot luck at my neighbor’s house and I was assigned to bring dessert. My husband actually came up with the idea for making something with Kahlua, and we decided on this delicious Kahlua Cake!
Chocolate Kahlua Cake
You will need:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 6 ounce package of instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup water (I wonder if you can substitute more alcohol for the water here? If you try this let me know how it works out!)
- For the Glaze: Whisk together 1/4 cup Kahlua and 1/2 cup powered sugar.
What to do:
- Prepare bundt pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Mix everything together except the glaze ingredients in a big bowl. Pour the mixture into a prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 345F until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes
- Allow the cake to cool and then gently remove from the pan onto a cake plate.
- Mix the glaze and drizzle onto the cake. Sprinkle with powered sugar if you want.
Tip: Be sure to use a Bundt cake pan, otherwise your cake will sink in the middle and not cook fully through.
Serve and enjoy!
Note: this post has been updated from an earlier version with new photos!
If you enjoyed this be sure to check out some of my other dessert recipes!