1. We met in college, in a geology class that most students called “Rocks for Jocks.”
2. We were friends for about a year before we even started dating! A lot of that time was spent making spaghetti and watching “Boy Meets World” and MTV’s “Undressed.”
3. Our first date was at the Olive Garden.
4. We moved in together right after college and lived in Atlanta for a year. We also got engaged a few months after moving to Atlanta and so a lot of that year was spent planning our wedding!
5. We almost moved to Waterloo, Iowa, instead of Atlanta. Can you imagine how different our lives would be now if that had happened??
6. We’ve lived in 8 different places together since college!
7. On our third anniversary we went to Mexico and our luggage got lost on the way. So we had to buy bathing suits and clothes and stuff at the hotel gift shop and that’s all we had to wear for the first two days of our trip!
8. Even though this is our 8th wedding anniversary, we have actually been together for almost 12 years! (And, we’ve known each other for 13 years!)
Happy Anniversary Andrew!