I really wanted to share these amazing cinnamon chip cookies with you guys! These cookies are seriously SO good! I made a whole batch when some friends came over for dinner and the four of us finished them all in one sitting, they were just so yummy!
Basically, I had these cinnamon chips and I thought I’d be “creative,” which can always be a risk, but it turned out great! If you don’t know, cinnamon chips are like chocolate chips, but cinnamon flavor. They are kind of soft and buttery tasting.
Here’s what you need: Baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, sugar, butter, 1 egg, flour, cinnamon sugar and, of course, your glorious cinnamon chips!
Cream the butter and sugar. Then, beat in the egg.Sift the dry ingredients (except cinnamon-sugar mix) together in a bowl. Add half to your cream mixture and mix. Then add the other half and mix. This should be a sticky light yellow batter.
Yummmm look at those cinnamon chips! Cheap, too!
The next step is the special one that makes these cookies so amazing!
Add the cinnamon chips! I used about half a cup and then threw in a few more for good luck. I think if I made this again I would add a bit more, maybe 3/4 a cup instead of just a half. Mix the chips in carefully so they don’t break apart.
Refrigerate mixture for about an hour so it’s cold and firm.
Now the fun part! Roll the dough into balls, each about the size of a walnut. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
At this step in a normal snicker doodle recipe, you would roll the balls into a cinnamon sugar mixture. I felt like the chips added enough cinnamon flavor. So, instead of rolling I just sprinkled the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. It worked out well! You could also dip each ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture to keep it even.
Cinnamon sugary dough balls ready to cook!
Et voila! Beautiful and delicious cookies! Seriously so good!
Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodles
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ Cup Cinnamon Chips (or more if you like!)
- 1 tablespoon sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon OR pre-made cinnamon sugar mixture
- Put butter and sugar in bowl and cream them together.
- Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar into a bowl.
- Dump half of the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture. Mix. Then add rest of sifted ingredients. Mix. It should be a sticky light yellow batter. Carefully mix in the cinnamon chips.
- Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for one hour. Dough should get cold and hard.
- After hour preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon on a small plate.
- To make cookies: Get a piece of dough the size of a walnut and roll into a ball. Roll the ball into the cinnamon sugar mix. (or sprinkle on top) Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. If edges are not brown after 10 minutes cook 2 more minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.