Cream the butter and sugar. Then, beat in the egg.
Sift the dry ingredients (except cinnamon-sugar mix) together in a bowl. Add half to your cream mixture and mix. Then add the other half and mix. This should be a sticky light yellow batter.
Now the fun part! Roll the dough into balls, each about the size of a walnut. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Now here is where I divert from the orgional recipe a second time.
Cinnamon sugary dough balls ready to cook!
½ cup butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
1¼ cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
½ Cup Cinnamon Chips (or more if you like!)
1 tablespoon sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon OR pre-made cinnamon sugar mixture
1) Put butter and sugar in bowl and cream them together.
2) Beat egg into creamed mixture.
3) Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar into a bowl.
4) Dump half of the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture. Mix. Then add rest of sifted ingredients. Mix. It should be a sticky light yellow batter. Carefully mix in the cinnamon chips.
5) Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for one hour. Dough should get cold and hard.
6) After hour preheat oven to 400°.
7) Mix sugar and cinnamon on a small plate.
8) To make cookies: Get a piece of dough the size of a walnut and roll into a ball. Roll the ball into the cinnamon sugar mix. (or sprinkle on top) Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9) Bake in oven for 10 minutes. If edges are not brown after 10 minutes cook 2 more minutes.
10) Cool on a wire rack.
This month’s super sponsor: