|Come in a littler closer and let me tell you my thoughts…|
Five Thoughts from this week…
1. It’s Olympics time! I have always loved the Olympics and I am excited to watch the opening ceremonies tonight. Although this time around it comes with mixed feelings because there just seems to be so many problems going on, you just can’t help but get a bad feeling about it. They need to get their shit together.
2. I said shit. I know this is a (mostly) family blog but sometimes you just say a cuss word. In real life it’s probably more than sometimes. My thought on this is- why is not “okay” to say these words but it is okay to say substitute words that carry the same meaning? For example, if I drop my phone in the store and say “oh nuts I dropped my phone” verses “shit I dropped my phone,” they mean the same thing, but using the cuss word could get you a few glances! Get over it people.
3. Something that’s been bothering me a lot this week- the reactions people have had to the winner of the Biggest Loser (Rachel!) are just sad. First of all, you don’t know her from Jack and you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. I think it’s sad that this girl worked so hard to lose weight and all people can say are negative comments. I know everyone thinks she looked “too skinny” but seriously, there is no need to call names or accuse her of things you have no idea about! What should have been a happy moment for her is probably ruined now by all the internet backlash.
4. In case you live in a hidey hole, you should know that its snowed a ton up here! And people are flipping the flip out! I don’t mind the snow, I think it’s pretty and I am perfectly content to look at it through the window from the warm house! Some people are saying “duh its winter of course its snowing” well yeah, but this has been double as much snow as the “average” so obviously it is a little abnormal. Last year it only snowed once all winter, which was about an inch total.
5. I am just going to brag a little. I started the Northeast Bloggers Network almost a year ago so we are coming up to our 1 year “blogaversary!” It’s really starting to take off and turn into something really fun and interactive and I am really happy about it. By the way, if you live in the Northeast, you should join! (shameless plug!)
This month’s super sponsor: