These gelatin shots are the perfect mix of red hot cinnamon and sweetness! Red hot jello shots use candy red hots to make a sweetened cinnamon flavor. Check out the recipe below!
Once you make the shot mixture you’ll add it to carefully into your prepared mold trays. You might have to gently shake them a little to get them out of the mold, or you can use a butter knife or your finger to coax them out! As another option, you could also pour it into a large cake pan and let is set this way. Then, cut in into squares or other shapes after it sets.
- 4 packets of Knox geletin
- red hot candies (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup of cinnamon liquor
- cooking spray of choice
- Prepare molds by lightly spraying with cooking spray.
- Add 1 cup of water to a bowl. Sprinkle knox over it and set aside while it blooms.
- Mix red hots, sugar and 1 1/4 cups of water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently until the red hots and sugar are dissolved. Lower heat to medium.
- Add in the gelatin water to the red hot water, stirring until fully dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Mix red hot mixture with 1 cup of liquor.
- Pour carefully into prepared molds. Transfer to fridge to set, about 3-4 hours
- Carefully remove shots from the molds. You may have to use a butter knife or you finger to gently coax them out.
Alternite preperation- insted of molds you can use a cake pan. Allow the mixture to set in the cake pan, and then cut it into squares or shape of choice to serve.
Let me know if you end up making this recipe and what you think! Enjoy!