Spinach & Tomato Tortellini Recipe
You will need:
- 1 package of tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 2-3 cups of fresh spinach (use organic if you can- because its on the dirty dozen!)
- 1 small yellow onion- chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 full tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used the garlic and basil flavored one)
- Optional: Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds or so)
- Add chopped onion and cook several minutes, stirring around
- Add spinach and cook down, you will have to mix it around a little
6. Once the spinach is cooked down, mix in the tomatoes (do not drain) and cook until well heated through.
7. Drain the tortellini and dish it out, then add sauce to each serving
8. Add Parmesan cheese if you want!
What’s your favorite easy weeknight recipe?
This month’s super sponsor: