This recipe is very easy to make and the caprese salsa is delicious on top! I made this in the summer, but I think it would be perfect any time of year. Use fresh heirloom tomatoes or any kind of grape or cherry tomatoes you can find at you local store.
|Pretty little heirloom tomatoes!|
Baked Chicken with Caprese Salsa:
You will need:
- chicken breasts (1 per person)
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- 1 8 ounce container of fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 pint heirloom tomatoes (grape sized)
- balsamic vinegar
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chopped or thinly sliced, or dried basil (approx 1/2 teaspoon)
What to do:
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and brush olive oil on both sides of each. Sprinkle each side with Italian seasoning to coat.
- Bake chicken at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until there is no pink (check the center)
- While chicken is baking make the salsa. Slice the tomatoes into halves or fourths, depending on the size. Drain the mozzarella pearls and mix with tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oil and vinegar to taste. Mix in basil leaves or sprinkle dried basil and mix in.
Yum! I could eat this right out of the bowl!
Once the chicken is done just top each one with the salsa and serve!
Let me know if you try this one out!
This month’s super sponsor: