All you need:
- a glass (not one of your husband’s beer glasses though!)
- apple cider vinegar
- a plastic bag
- a rubber band
What to do:
- Cut off one of the corners of the plastic bag to create a small hole.
- Fill the bottom of your glass with the apple cider vinegar.
- Spread the plastic bag over your glass and push down into the glass so it makes a funnel shape, with the hole in the middle, but making sure it doesn’t touch the vinegar.
- Wrap the rubber band around the glass and bag so the flies can’t get out through the sides!
And thats it! The flies are attracted by the fermenting apple scent of the vinegar and fly into the hole and into the glass. They cannot figure out how to get back up out of the glass and are trapped in the vinegar.
If you’re wondering if this really works, the proof is in the vinegar!
Have you ever made a similar fly catcher? Let me know if you try this one out!