Last week I mentioned some games to play while watching the “Big Game” with your friends, so I wanted to share a little more about those games AND hand out some free printables to you guys! I’ve created two printable games- you can download them from the links provided as pdf files or save the pictures directly from this post!
We always play the “squares” game, which is super easy and fun! Here’s how to play:
- Print out a squares game board. Or, you can draw your own if you want a bigger size! You can also randomize the numbers, instead of putting them in order as I have here.
- You’ll also need to assign one team to the top row numbers and the other team to the down column numbers.
- Determine how many squares each person will get (hint: there are 100) so if you have 5 people at your party each person gets 20 squares etc.
- Each person takes turn signing up for their squares by writing their name or initials in their squares.
- Now you might be wondering what the numbers are for! After each quarter match up the numbers of the score. So, if the score is 3-7 then find the box that corresponds with those numbers and that person “wins” the first quarter!
- You get a winner for the 1st quarter, halftime, 3rd quarter and final score!
- If you want to place friendly wagers on the squares, that is totally up to you! (for example, each person “buys in” 25 cents per square)
My next football party game is “Big Game” Commercial Bingo! Because we all know part of the fun is in the commercials- especially if your team didn’t make it to the game! I’ve created four different game boards with the terms all shuffled around! Just one rule- each commercial can only count for one square! So, even if the commercial has a cute puppy AND makes you tear up, you can only chose one square to mark off for that particular commercial!
Let me know if you end up using either of these games for your big football party in a few weeks! And be sure to check out my other football party ideas here!
This month’s super sponsor: