I am a person who has a hard time taking a break. I don’t have trouble relaxing, that I can do easily! I have trouble accepting the fact that I sometimes need a break, whether it’s 10 minutes hiding in the bathroom, taking an hour for myself at the gym or accepting help from my husband around the house. I need to learn that I can’t, and don’t have to, do it all. Being with a toddler all day definitely adds to my stress level and can make even the most simple tasks complex! I mean, how many times was I kicked, climbed on and poked while just writing this paragraph? You get the point, sometimes we all just need to take a little break, a little time out, just for ourselves.
Here are some ways I can take a break!
- Go to the gym and take advantage of their child care room!
- Get coffee by myself on Saturday morning.
- Let my husband do the dishes or other household chores when he offers (I have a tendency to say “no, it’s ok I’ve got it,” I need to say yes and accept help!)
- Take a shower, by myself, after dinner when my husband is home from work. A shower by yourself is such a luxury after you have kids!
- Go in the kitchen alone for a treat!
- Since my son has decided 2.5 is old enough to not nap, start enforcing “quiet time.”
- Do some yoga together with my son.
- Take an hour or two on the weekends to go to Target or the mall by myself or with a friend.
- Go on vacation with my husband!
What are some ways, big or small, you like to take a break?
Thanks for following along with my 52 Weeks to a Healthier Me journey! You can follow all the post on my 52 Weeks Pinterest board! Are you doing a 52 Weeks series this year? I’d love to hear about it, lets support each other!
This month’s super sponsor: