This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
No matter if you are a work outside the home mom, stay at home mom or work at home mom, we are all also busy moms! One, two or even five kids can make a mom stay on her toes. My toddler certainly keeps me active, whether I am chasing him up and down the stairs, around the park or making sure he doesn’t run into the fountain at the mall.
Working from home, playing with my toddler and doing everything else us moms do can be stressful at times! With my active lifestyle you know what I don’t like to stress about? That “time of month!” And while “it” can be an annoyance, I have some tricks up my sleeve that help me keep active as a busy mom during that week!
During my time of the month I still have tons to do! Can’t stop, won’t stop. Here’s what I like to keep handy to help keep me going!
1. Plenty of healthy snacks! It’s easy to default to chocolate and cookies, but healthier snacks are really best for keeping me energized! I can help curb that sweet tooth with an apple or a bowl full of strawberries! Having said that…
2. A little bit of an unhealthy snack. I mean, let’s be honest, sometimes you just need a little bit of chocolate! My supermom kryptonite is puppy chow cereal mix (some people call it reindeer food!). It is just so so good and easy to make so you can keep a stock of it in a big baggie for when that chocolate craving strikes!
Here’s the easy recipe: Measure out 9 cups of cereal into a large bowl, set aside. In a smaller bowl add 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup butter. Microwave for a minute, stir, microwave another 30 seconds and then stir in the vanilla. Pour over the cereal and mix to coat. Then, add the mixture to a large baggy, toss in 1 1/2 cups powder sugar and shake to coat! Yum!
3. Some fun, cheerful music. I love to open my pandora station to hear some pop hits! Happy music puts me in a good mood, which also helps keep me active! No need to sit around on the couch when you could be dancing to some Taylor Swift!
4. Playtex® Sport® tampons and pads. Of course you need those essentials during that time of month! I love that Playtex Sport has sport level protection since I am so active. I know I will be protected while running around with my son or going to the gym! Playtex Sport comes in combo packs with either tampons and liners or pads and liners. The liners have FlexFit™ so they turn with your body for sport level protection as well as a super absorbent core!
5. Extra Coffee! Last but not least, I like to have extra coffee on hand to help me stay active! I make sure to stock up on my favorite iced coffee brand in the fridge for that extra afternoon boost. As a bonus, it keeps me from heading out to the coffee shop to spend more money as well! I pour my coffee into a cute travel cup so I’m ready to go at a moments notice!
Playtex Sport combo packs can be found in the feminine care aisle at your local Walmart! Until the end of March you might also see them on special display on an end cap. Check them out at Walmart for their everyday low price! NEW! Playtex® Sport® now available in Pads, Liners and Combo Packs
at Walmart! Now Sport Level Protection™ pads, liners and combo packs
with Flexfit™ design to twist and turn with your body. Don’t let your
period get in the way. PlayOn!
I shared my busy mom essentials with you! I’d love to know what are your essentials for that time of month?
This month’s super sponsor: