This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
This spring I am looking forward to some new, bright flavors to add to my meal plans, as well as adding more natural ingredients! I took some Alexia Sweet Potato Fries and created a twist on a classic fall recipe. Sweet potato fries casserole is so easy to make and it’s a yummy and versatile spring dish!
For this recipe I chose Alexia Sweet Potato Fries. Alexia fries are all natural and they really make a great high quality product! Besides Sweet Potato they also have delicious onion rings and classic crinkle cut fries!
Sweet Potato Fries Casserole Recipe
You will need:
- 1 bag of Alexia Sweet Potato fries
- 2 cups of mini-marshmallows
- about a tablespoon of butter
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake fries according to package directions, about 20 minutes. Don’t over bake, because they will be going back in the oven again! Note: the package doesn’t say to, but I suggest lightly spraying your baking sheet so the fries don’t stick (mine did a little)
- Butter all over an 8×8 baking dish, such as the size you use for brownies.
- Transfer baked fries into the buttered dish.
- Shake 2 cups of marshmallows all over the top of the fries. Spread evenly across the top.
- Return to oven and bake about 7 minutes, or until marshmallows are melted and lightly browned!
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
Is it a side? Is it a dessert? Or a perfect afternoon snack? You be the judge!
My son absolutely loved the sweet potato fries casserole and kept asking for more! And he wasn’t just eating the marshmallows, he ate all his fries, too!
We also tried Alexia onion rings, which were the perfect side for our meal! We had them with seasoned chicken topped with salsa and a side of broccoli. This chicken would be perfect on the grill, and you can add the onion rings as a side to any grilled dish as well! The onion rings were perfectly crispy and the onion was not too overwhelming.
I found Alexia fries and onion rings in the Frozen Foods aisle at Walmart, in the potato section! While you’re there be sure to pick up some mini-marshmallows, butter and cinnamon so you can make my Sweet Potato Fries Casserole!
What’s your favorite way to eat fries? What flavors are you looking forward to this spring?
This month’s super sponsor: