Disclaimer: I am writing this post in exchange for a discounted conference ticket; however, all opinions are mine and mine alone. #SoFabUOTR #cbias
In June I’m heading up to NYC for the SoFab On the Road conference and I’m so excited! The agenda is set and the keynote speaker will be teaching us all about how to use SEO to supercharge your post! Other sessions include: Video, Email Marketing, Sponsored posts, networking, and more!
I’ve been to a few conferences now and I want to be prepared and make sure you’re prepared, too, so I came up with a few “must haves” for blogging conferences!
1. Walking Shoes– It’s tempting to put on your cutest shoes for the conference, after all, we do all want to look our best (and impress those fashion bloggers!) but walking around NYC is no joke, especially if you’re from out of town. Bring shoes you are very comfortable walking in, especially since this conference includes a photo tour! If you must bring cute, non walking shoes, you can always bring them in your bag and switch them out when you get there!
2. A New York subway MTA map, on your phone– An easy way to get around the city, and cheaper than taking cabs everywhere, it to use public transportation. Nothing screams “tourist!” quite like lugging around a subway map, so instead download an app on your phone with the map easily accessible! I found several free and few paid options in the app store!
3. Business cards- Business cards are a must for any blogging conference! You should plenty to hand out to other bloggers, the conference organizers and any brands that might be there. Be sure to keep your cards updated with you most current info! For good measure, throw in a few extra just in case. You never know who you’re going to meet in the “big city!” True story- last time I was in NYC another blogger and me stumbled upon a brand doing a promotion for their new product on the street, spoke with them, gave them our cards and were both able to work with them! You just never know!
4. An expandable bag- You have all your stuff, but at the conference you might get more stuff! Besides paperwork and other bloggers cards there might be other items given out you want to keep. Besides, you might be in town for a conference, but whose to say a little shopping isn’t in order?
5. A portable charger- Of course you should bring a portable charger! Walking around with you subway map open, tweeting and updating you Facebook during the conference and more will all eat away at your battery! I would be very sad if my phone battery died in the middle of the day, so I always bring one of these bad boys! You can buy them on Amazon, or any store that sells cell phone accessories.
I will be bringing all these items to the SoFab OTR conference plus: a light sweater (in case they have the AC cranked up), my DSLR for the photo walk, my planner and a notepad to write all the info down!
SoFab On The Road takes place in NYC on June 20th. The event features hands-on, interactive sessions for influencers to implement what they’re learning on the spot! There are also On The Road events all over the country during the year including upcoming events in Chicago, Atlanta, Minneapolis and Bentonville, AL. The event is sponsored by Müller, Kraft and iBlog and put on by Collective Bias. Collective Bias is a shopper social media community that helps pair bloggers with brands for organic social content.
But, you do not have to be part of the group to attend the conference, all bloggers are welcome! If you want to attend you can buy your ticket right here! I’d love to meet all my blogging friends so let me know if you plan to come! Hope to see you there!