Guess what guys? It’s grilling season! I actually like food on the grill all the time, but summer just brings something special to it, don’t you think? This summer I’m pushing my boundaries by preparing even more delicious food on the grill. Why stop at burgers and hot dogs when you can make fun sides, delicious ribs and even dessert on the grill?
That’s why I’m sharing this amazing zucchini recipe today! It’s one of the best side dishes I’ve ever made and so far every time we’ve had it it’s been a huge hit with the group! It’s also customization, so you can change the flavors to your own personal taste without loosing the main idea of the recipe!
Get ready for the most dreamy side dish ever!
Grilled Zucchini Boats
You will need:
- 3-4 zucchini (I like to do one zucchini per person, so each person gets two halves)
- Hummus- I use garlic, but you can customize it with your flavor of choice!
- Feta cheese (you can also use goat cheese if you prefer!)
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes* drained
- salt and pepper if desired
What to do:
- Start up the grill.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and center so they look like little zucchini canoes. Spray with cooking spray of your choice.
- Grill the zucchini face down for about 4 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Remove from grill and transfer to a plate.
- Spread hummus on each “boat.” Sprinkle with cheese and then top with the tomato pieces.
- Return the zucchini boats to the grill for about 5 more minutes or until cooked throughout.
The perfect summer side!
What’s your favorite grilling recipe? June is grilling month over at our Facebook group Blog Bliss and I’ll be bringing more grilling fun your way this month, too!