With the 4th of July right around the corner, I wanted to try my hand at creating a new red, white and blue gelatin shot recipe! These shots are fun and different, not to mention absolutely delicious! Don’t worry they have been thoroughly taste tested and I can say with confidence they will be making a grand debut at our big fireworks party this year! For the easy directions, watch the video below, or scroll down for the written version!
Strawberry Gelatin Shots:
You will need:
- 1 package blue jello or gelatin (store brand etc)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vodka
- strawberries (20+)
- whipped cream
- tomato scooper/corer or similar tool
- Cut the bottom off each strawberry so they stand up strait.
- Take off the leaves and then use the scooper to scoop out a bowl in each strawberry. Set aside.
- Mix 1/2 cup boiling water with the jello and stir well until fully dissolved. Add the 1/2 cup vodka (I use whipped cream flavor) and stir.
- Carefully pour the jello into the strawberries. Transfer to fridge to set, about 4 hours.
- Top with whipped cream before serving!
So pretty and patriotic! The perfect treat for your 4th of July party this summer! You can also make them sans alcohol for this kids!
Will you be making jello shots for any parties this summer? What’s your favorite cocktail?
If you liked this one be sure to check out a few of my other gelatin shot recipes!