I am one of those rare people who actually enjoys candy corn, but I know thats not the case with everyone! Even if you don’t like the actual candy, you can still enjoy this cute candy corn themed sugar cookies! Simply make three different colors of sugar cookie batter to bake these adorable cookies!
Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
Prep: 50 minutes Baking: 8 minutes (per batch) Yield: 24 Servings
You will need:
1½ cups Butter (room temperature)
3 cups Sugar
2 tbsp. Greek Yogurt
3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
3½ cups Flour
1½ tsp. Baking Soda
1½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt Extra Stuff
Orange Sugar Sprinkles
Orange Color Icing
Yellow Color Icing
Bread Loaf Pan
What to do
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together for a few minutes at medium speed using paddle.
3. Add Greek yogurt and vanilla extract to butter and sugar mixture in mixer. Cream together for 1 to 2 minutes at medium speed.
4. Add eggs to mixture and beat together for about 3 minutes.
5. Combine dry ingredients in medium mixing bowl: flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
6. Slowly add dry mixture to mixer on low speed until all ingredients are evenly combined.
7. Scoop mixture into medium mixing bowl. Seal and place in refrigerator overnight.
8. Remove from refrigerator. Scoop out about a cup and a half at a time and place onto parchment paper. Knead with hands. Sprinkle flour onto rolling pin and dough as needed to avoid sticking.
9. Add yellow color icing to dough and knead with hands or fold with a spoon until color is evenly distributed. Keep adding yellow color icing until desired color is achieved. Set aside.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9, but use orange color icing.
11. Repeat step 8, but do not add icing color to your third and final layer.
12. Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper.
13. Begin to press the yellow dough (1st layer) into the bottom of the pan. Try to ensure the dough is level, with no bumps.
14. Add the orange dough (2nd layer) on top of the yellow. Pat it down with your hands.
15. Add the uncolored dough (3rd layer) on top of the orange. Pat it down with your hands.
16. Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours to set.
17. Remove from refrigerator and let set for 15 minutes.
18. Holding on to the parchment paper used to line bread loaf pan, remove layered dough and set on clean surface.
19. Using a large knife, cut ¾ inch slices.
20. Turning each slice on its side, use your knife to make a zig-zag pattern. This will create your candy corn sugar cookie shape!
21. Add candy corn sugar cookies to baking sheet.
22. Bake each batch for approximately 8 minutes.
23. Remove from oven. Let cool for approximately 5 minutes.
24. Using the orange sugar sprinkles, add to orange section of cookies randomly.
Serve and enjoy!
Whose ready to make these fun cookies for Halloween? Perfect for your trick or treat party! Stay tuned for another fun and cute Halloween treat next week!