Summer is the perfect time to whip up a no-bake dessert and that’s just what we did for this week’s Mini Chef Mondays! Carter made these Strawberry Cheesecake rollups almost all by himself and they are easy as pie to make!
Soften cream cheese on the counter before hand by letting it rest at room temperature and then add sugar.
Mix together until all the sugar is mixed in.
Cut up the strawberries however you like. Slice ’em and dice ’em! This step was good time for Carter to practice using a knife, since the strawberries were soft and easy to cut with a butter knife. We talked about how to hold the food when we cut it so we don’t get our fingers, too!
Spread the cream cheese mixture over tortillas then sprinkles the strawberries over it. Roll up the cheesecakes and place in the fridge to cool off. You can also eat them right away, but the cream cheese will be very soft at this point and quite messy!
Tip: take it an extra step by rolling them burrito style. Then, spray with a little cooking spray and sprinkle with a cinnamon/sugar mixture. Finally, fry each one lightly for a sweet fried cheesecake rollup!
Enjoy! If you enjoyed this summer recipe for kids, why not sign up for our Camp Mom Summer Cooking Camp for Kids! It’s free and the “session” starts the second week of July. Click here to sign up and then don’t forget to come back to this post to check out the other Mini Chefs!
- 1/2 of a small package of plain cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup of cup up strawberries (more or less, depending on your taste!)
- 2-4 small flour tortillas
- Optional: cooking spray, cinnamon-sugar mix
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Chop up the strawberries.
- Spread cream cheese over the tortillas, then sprinkle strawberries on them.
- Roll up the cheesecakes. Place in fridge to cool 30 min or more.
- Slice and enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Semi Homemade Yogurt Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Fish Cake Tutorial // Momma Lew
- Very Berry Fruit Salsa // Finding Zest
- Blueberry Kiwi Lemonade Ice Pops // We’re Parents
- Carved Orange Warthog with Toddler Fruit Salad // Eating Richly
- Red, White and Blue Lemonade Mocktail // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Blueberry Challah French Toast // Vegging at the Shore
- Strawberry Cheesecake Rollups // My Mini Adventurer