Welcome back to Mini Chef Mondays! This month we are doing recipes with the theme of Fall/Halloween. We love going apple picking and whenever we do there always seems to be an excess of apples that we can’t eat up in time! If that happens to you as well, here is an easy and delicious way to use up some of those apples- Apple Pie Chips! Apple chips are delicious and easy to carry with you for a snack on the go or for after school. For this recipe we only used 2 apples, but you can easily add more to make a big batch! Instead of just basic cinnamon and sugar, we used apple pie spice mixture for more of a spicy fall flavor!
Slice the apples up into slices the size of your choice. The thinner the slice, the crisper your chips will be. I prefer softer chips so I did thicker slices. Do not peel or core the apples.
We used tiny cookie cutters to cut autumn shapes into the core of each slice. This helps take out the seeds and undesirable core part of the apple, and makes the chips cute and festive! We used an acorn and a star shape. For fall you could also use leaf shaped cutters, pumpkins or apple shapes!
Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and lay the slices out, making sure they don’t overlap. Use multiple cookie sheets as needed to accommodate all your slices. Sprinkle the slices with apple pie spice (homemade or store bought) and sugar. Bake at 200F for 2 hours. (I also sprinkled on a little extra cinnamon, since I love it)
Yum! Share in the comments- What’s your favorite way to cook with apples?
- 2-4 apples
- sugar to sprinkle
- apple pie spice to sprinkle
- cooking spray
- mini cookie cutters in autumn themed shapes
- Slice the apples into thin slices. Do not peel.
- Use the cookie cutters to cut shapes in the center of each slice, eliminating the core and seeds.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and spread apples out on the pan, making sure they don't overlap.
- Sprinkle with apple pie spice and sugar. Flip apples and sprinkle on the back as well.
- Bake at 200F for 2 hours.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Date Caramel Dip for Apples // Courtney’s Sweets
- Creamy Corn Chowder // Momma Lew
- Caramel Apple Pumpkin Pie // Finding Zest
- Caramel Apple Cider Milkshake // We’re Parents
- Ground Beef Dinner in a Pumpkin // Eating Richly
- Apple Crescents // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Easy Pumpkin Apple Crisp // Vegging at the Shore
- Apple Pie Chips // My Mini Adventurer
- Cinnamon Butternut Squash French Toast // O’Boy Organic