Welcome to Mini Chef Mondays. For the September theme we are doing fall and Halloween recipes! Even though it’s still a little warm out, fall is right around the corner which means its time to start thinking about apple picking, crunchy leaves and warm fuzzy sweaters. And of course, Harry Potter (although let’s be honest, every season reminds me of HP a little bit)! For the first week of our fall theme month we created a very yummy candy recipe based on the famous drink from the Harry Potter universe- butterbeer! Butterbeer is like fall all in one drink- a sweet caramel and butterscotch flavor with a creamy foam on top. We tried to replicate this yummy flavor in our bark and I have to say, I think we did a pretty good job!
For the bark you will start with a white chocolate base. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and then add in the brown sugar and butter flavoring. Carefully spread the mixture over a sheet of parchment paper on a freezer sized tray. I allowed my son to help add the ingredients, while I did the mixing and pouring of the hot bark mixture.
Spread mini-marshmallows over the bark while it’s still warm and gently press them in so they stick. Transfer the bark to the freezer and freeze a few hours until set. Drizzle with caramel sauce and freeze for another 30 minutes. Even after freezing, the bark will be a little soft so, be sure to serve it strait from the freezer.
This bark melts quickly so be sure to serve it very cold and eat it fast (which shouldn’t be a problem!).
Enjoy! What’s your favorite fall recipe? Stay tuned to Mini Chef Monday’s all month for more fall/Halloween themed recipes!
- 200g white chocolate
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- a few handfuls of mini marshmallows
- caramel drizzle
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water), stirring until it's smooth. Do not leave it on too long, or it will burn.
- Add the brown sugar and butter flavoring and mix.
- Spread the bark mixture over a sheet of parchment paper on a tray you can fit in your freezer. Spread it as thick or thin as you'd like.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over the bark while it's still warm, and press them in so they stick.
- Cool bark in freezer for a few hours. Remove and drizzle with caramel sauce, then return to freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Cut up and serve very cold.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started.
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Chocolate Covered Apple Donuts // Courtney’s Sweets
- Fall Harvest Cake// Momma Lew
- Pumpkin Spice Sauteed Apples // Finding Zest
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip // We’re Parents
- Homemade Applesauce Recipe for Kids // Eating Richly
- Maple Cinnamon French Toast in a Mug // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Foil Packet Apricot Salmon // Vegging at the Shore
- Homemade Apple Cider // O’Boy! Organic
- Butterbeer Bark // My Mini Adventurer