Welcome back to Mini Chef Mondays. This week we are at my parent’s house for the holidays, so my mini chef got to do some cooking with Grandma! Our recipe this week is a fun dessert for Christmas or any time of year- Peppermint Surprise. I thought of this dessert because we used to get it in college at the sorority house and it was everyone’s favorite! I’m not exactly sure how they made it, so we came up with our own peppermint surprise recipe to make with my mini chef!
To start, crush 15 Oreo cookies in a food processor until they are all crumbled up. (they should look like dirt!) Mix with melted butter to make the crust.
Coat a loaf pan (or pan of similar size) with cooking spray. Press the Oreo mixture into the pan to form the crust. Transfer to freezer for 10-15 minutes to help it start to set.
While crust sets, scoop half a container of mint chocolate chip ice cream into a mixing bowl. Let it melt a little on the counter and then mix it to make it smooth. You can also pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds or so to help it along!
Pour the ice cream over the Oreo crust and spread it around evenly. Then, crumble 5 more Oreos and sprinkles them around to top it off! Transfer to freezer to set 4-5 hours.
Cut into pieces to serve and enjoy! You can also drizzle with chocolate sauce to serve if you want!
- 20 Oreos, divided into 15 and 5
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 container mint chocolate chip ice cream
- chocolate sauce for decorated, if desired
- Crush 15 Oreos in a food processor until fully crumbled. Mix together with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Press Oreo mixture into a prepared loaf pan to make a crust. Transfer to freezer for 10-15 minutes to start setting.
- Scoop half the container of ice cream into a bowl. Mix until smooth and soft. You can microwave it for 10 seconds or so to help it along if needed.
- Pour ice cream over crust and spread out.
- Crumble the last 5 Oreos and then sprinkle them on top of the ice cream.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours before serving.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Chocolate Peanut Clusters Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Cranberry Pineapple Mocktail // Finding Zest
- Easy Christmas Snacks That Look Like Christmas Trees // Eating Richly
- Cashew Brittle // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Four Ingredient Baked Apples // Vegging at the Shore
- Peppermint Surprise // My Mini Adventurer