I’ve always loved making jello recipes for dessert or a yummy snack! This week for Mini Chef Mondays we made our own gelatin fruit cups and they did not disappoint! These fruit cups are easy to customize, too! We used strawberries and bananas, but feel free to throw in any fruits that you like.
Add a cup of apple juice to a small sauce pan. Sprinkle two packets of Knox (or similar) plain gelatin over the juice and let it sit for two minutes to “bloom.”
Meanwhile, cut up your fruit into large chunks. We cut bananas into slices and strawberries into fourths. You could also use peaches, pineapple, cherries or other fruits you love! Cut up enough to fill four ramekins (or similar size dessert dishes). We did 1 banana and about 8-10 strawberries.
After two minutes, turn the burner on to medium high to heat up the juice. Heat thoroughly, mixing all the time so the gelatin fully dissolves. No need to bring it to boil, just cook it long enough to get it really hot and dissolve the gelatin (5-6 minutes or so). Mix the hot juice with a cup of cold juice. Pour mixture over fruit cups. Transfer cups to fridge so gelatin can set.
Let the cups set for a few hours, then serve and enjoy!
- 2 cups apple juice, divided
- 2 packets of Knox plain gelatin
- Mixed fruit of choice cut into large pieces, about 2 cups
- Add 1 cup of juice to a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over juice and let it bloom for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, stir gelatin and turn burner on. Heat juice and stir gelatin in to dissolve fully (about 5 minutes)
- Add cut up fruit to 4 ramekins.
- Mix hot juice with the other cup of apple juice. Pour mixture over fruit cups.
- Transfer to fridge to set, about 2 hours.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- S’more Marshmallows // Courtney’s Sweets
- Easy Smores Dessert Pizza // Finding Zest
- Healthy Peanut Butter Balls Turned Into Bumble Bees! // Eating Richly
- No Flip Matzo Brei Pancake // Vegging at the Shore
- Apple Gelatin Fruit Cups // My Mini Adventurer