When life hands you a two pound container of oatmeal, make oatmeal cookies! A few weeks ago my brother in law was visiting and left behind a huge container of oatmeal. Since I don’t actually like oatmeal I decided to instead use it to make some yummy cookies with my mini chef! We added our own spin to this classic recipe by adding chocolate chips to make our oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookies.
This is the perfect way to use up that little bit of extra chocolate chips in the bag because there’s no set amount you need to use. Instead of mixing in the chips we put them on top like a sprinkles! Just make your cookies and then press the chocolate chips on top, as many as you want. Since my mini chef was in charge of this step, we had between two and five chips on each cookie!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (more or less - your preference!)
- Combine dry ingredients through cinnamon.
- In a separate, large, bowl beat butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat in.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Add raisins and oatmeal and stir in.
- Form cookies by rolling dough into balls. Place on greased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Press down on each cookie to flatten into disks.
- Add the chocolate chips by pressing them gently into the cookies.
- Bake at 350F for 12-14 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack before serving!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Strawberry Watermelon Popsicles/a> // Courtney’s Sweets
- Strawberry Sherbert Punch // Finding Zest
- Side Dishes for Kids that the Whole Family Will Love // Eating Richly
- Healthy Coleslaw // Vegging at the Shore
- Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies // My Mini Adventurer