This is a sponsored post.
Buying a car is one of the biggest purchasing decisions you can make. It can often be overwhelming and confusing, which is why finding the best car for you can seem like a huge task! How do you know which car is right for you? In our family we’re big car lovers and as such have owned quite a few different types of cars. Here are some to help set you on the path to finding the right car.
5 Tips for Finding the Right Car for Your Lifestyle
- Size Matters! Really consider the size you need, and see how big the cars you’re considering are compared to each other. In this case bigger isn’t always better! For example, if you live a city with a lot of street parking and narrow parking spaces in garages you might regret buying that large SUV. See how big the car is from bumper to bumper so you know exactly what you’re getting into. Don’t forget to try parallel parking when you test drive!
2. Interior size matters, too. Think about how much space you actually need. If you only go snow boarding once a year, do you really need a giant car for snowboarding gear? If you only have one or two kids, do you really need a third row of seats or a mini van? Check out the size differences of the different areas of the interior, such as trunk space and back seat leg room. Often times people buy the biggest car they can, when in reality you may not need all that space!
3. Choose your comfort level. What features are most important to you? Do you take a lot of road trips and need extra comfy seats and plenty of cup holders? Or maybe you haul a lot of dirty stuff for work and need to have a lined trunk. If you have kids make sure the car has plenty of space for your car seats as well as latch attachments! When you test drive be sure to check out the mirror placement and how easy it is to see out of all the windows while you’re driving. And don’t forget to check out the phone charger situation!
4. Top of the class? Consider all the cars in the class you’re thinking about. You might have your eyes on one particular car but if you go into it without comparing options you might miss out on something great for a better price! You can easily compare features online using websites such as cars.com and find similar cars searching by body type or make and model.
5. Location, location, location! This goes along with size, but other features may be important to you based on your location. If you live in a cold, snowy or rainy location you probably want to seriously consider getting an all wheel drive vehicle. If you live in sunny Florida AWD might not be on your list but a strong AC is a must! Live in a big city? Maybe you want a smaller car like a Mini or even a Smart car! If you’re really interested in an electric car make sure there are plenty of charges stations near you and on your commute route to work!
There are so many factors that go into buying a new (or new to you) car! Be sure to consider everything from size to location before you buy. Remember to think about how you plan to use your car in the long run so you can get the best car for your lifestyle. And don’t forget to research all your options online before dealing with the dealership!
What are your tips for choosing the best car? Have you ever used cars.com to look at cars?
This post is sponsored by cars.com . All thoughts and opinions are my own.