Eggs in a basket is an old and often forgotten about breakfast that’s super easy to make! I updated it for kids with a teddy bear cookie cutter so it’s super cute and fun for kids. You can make it as a surprise breakfast one morning or make it together with your mini chef! Since this recipe is for kids, I like to make sure the yolk is popped so all parts of the egg are fully cooked. You could also mix it up a little if your kids prefer their eggs scrambled.
Eggs in a Basket Recipe
- a slice of your favorite bread
- an egg
- teddy bear cookie cutter
- Cut out the teddy bear shape in the bread, set aside the cut out piece for later.
- Heat up a pan over medium to medium high heat and melt a pat of butter in a pan (or more!), coating well.
- Once the pan is hot place the bread and then crack the egg into the middle shape. Use a fork to pop the yolk so it gets cooked well.
- After that side is cooked, flip the whole thing to cook the other side.
- Serve "pretty" side up! (one side will be prettier than the other, as the egg will initially spread a little on the back)
Pop the cut out part of the bread into the toaster and top with your kids favorite jelly or other topping!
What’s your favorite breakfast recipe for kids? Have you tried eggs in a basket before?