These peppermint bark oreos are a crowd-pleaser!
I love baking and cooking up a storm when I host a party or a holiday! And I love any recipe that’s super easy and semi-homemade! Oreos (or similar sandwich cookies) make a great base for easy recipes and they’re so versatile! One of my favorite Christmas treats is peppermint bark, so I thought why not put the two together? I made these last week and they were a huge hit at my house! I even sent some to my sister, who claims to not like Oreos, and she said these were awesome! These are perfect for a party or to give as a gift! They look and taste great and it’s easy to make a whole batch at once!
All you need are Oreos, chocolate chips, candy canes and peppermint extract. As you can see, you’ll drizzle the chocolate over the Oreos, then sprinkle with crushed up candy canes! Simple and delicious! Read on for the full recipe!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 24 oreos
- 3-4 candy canes (peppermint flavored)
- Spread cookies out on parchment paper.
- Crush candy canes with a rolling pin or back of wooden spoon in a plastic baggy. (this is a fun step to get your kids to help with!)
- In microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth, then add ½ tsp peppermint extract.
- Carefully transfer melted white chocolate into a squeeze bottle and then drizzle all over the cookies in desired pattern.
- Repeat with chocolate chips, omitting the extract this time. Drizzle onto the cookies over the white chocolate.
- Before chocolate cools, sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top.
- Enjoy immediately or let the chocolate set first at room temperature. Transfer cookies to fridge for fast setting.
I hope you enjoy these cookies! What’s your favorite Christmas cookie recipe?
Supplies you may need for this recipe (affiliate links used!): (I included the peppermint crunch in case you don’t feel like crunching your own!)