If you haven’t made it to any of Epcot’s festivals, it’s time to put at least one on the calendar. Epcot’s Food and Wine festival is a “must do” if you’re visiting Walt Disney World in Orlando during the fall! Here’s what not to miss at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival!
One of my favorite times of the year is Autumn. Give me boots, apple pie and fall festivals any day. And speaking of fall festivals, the Epcot Food and Wine Festival is one I always look forward to each fall season. I try to get to it whenever I possibly can, it’s that good. The Food and Wine Festival is definitely not a go once and you’re good kind of experience because every year they unveil exciting new flavors and experiences!
So, let’s talk about what not to miss at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. There is a lot to see and do, you don’t want to miss out on the best parts! And you’ll have plenty of time to get there because this year, 2019, will be the longest Food and Wine Festival ever. It will run for 87 days my friends. That’s nearly three months of food and wine fun! While you can certainly wander around and wing it, which I do, I also love to plan ahead and work some special experiences into my schedule!
Epcot Food and Wine Festival Must-Dos
1. Eat Around the World: You really don’t have to plan for this one, just wing it! Take your time and nibble on some of the special dishes that each country in the World Showcase offers. It’s fun to try foods from all around the world in just one afternoon!
2. Drink Around the World: You can probably eat more than you can drink, but make it a point to try at least a few of the specialty cocktails, wine and beer that aren’t typically on the menu! Tip to save money: if you’re comfortable with sharing, try splitting some of the cocktails with a friend! That way, you can try more drinks out but not have too much in one sitting.
These first two are what you probably expect of the Food and Wine festival- a lot of eating and drinking! But did you know there’s more fun things to do than just that? The next three things on the list cover different experiences that take place during the festival besides just drinking around the world! And don’t forget to go on some rides while you’re there, too. The Mexico ride is one of my favorite Disney rides and the Frozen ride at Norway is pretty cute as well!
3. Concert Series: From August 29th through November 19th you can catch concerts nightly in a variety of genres. The “Eat to the Beat” concert series features different artists throughout the festival such as Boyz II Men, Smash Mouth, 98° and even Hanson! Click here to see their full schedule.
4. Food and Beverage Pairings: Learn from the pros and sit down for a lesson on pairings from world-class chef and beverage experts! You’ll need to reserve ahead of time for these 45 minute sessions.
5. Food and Beverage Experience: Plan ahead and reserve one (or more) of the various food and beverage seminars they offer! From learning about beer and wine to cheese seminars to culinary skills demonstrations there’s a lot to chose from!
Now that you know what not to miss at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, I’m assuming you’re planning your visit STAT right?! Let me know what your favorite things to eat and drink are at Food and Wine! What are you most excited to try at this years festival?