S’mores are one of my favorite desserts so I thought what better way to gear up for Easter with some yummy s’mores using an Easter classic candy- Peeps! These s’mores will be the perfect dessert for an Easter celebration or egg hunting party!
Peeps S’mores Recipe:
All you need:
- 1 package bunny shaped Peeps
- 2-3 chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- a splash of milk or cream
- bamboo skewers or similar sticks
What to do:
1. Break up the chocolate bars into a microwave safe bowl. Add the milk (just a splash!). Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir, then microwave about 10 more seconds. You want the chocolate to be fully melted and smooth, but not burned. Meanwhile, spread the graham cracker crumbs out on a plate and unwrap the peeps!
2. Set out the melted chocolate and graham crackers in an assembly line. One at a time: skewer the peeps, then spread melted chocolate over the back with the back of a spoon or butter knife. Finally, press each one into the graham crackers. If the chocolate gets too cool while you’re working, just pop it back in the microwave for 5-10 seconds.
3. Allow the s’mores to cool on a plate before eating! Eat right away or cover tightly with plastic wrap to enjoy the next day. You could also wrap each one individually to give to friends!
Note: Peeps don’t do too well after you open the package, so it’s best to eat them asap! (they get stale quickly)
Whether you celebrate Easter, Spring or just a sunny day in general, we hope your day is filled with good times, good friends, good food and memories in the making!
This month’s super sponsor: