Recently I had the chance to try out an awesome service called Peapod, which delivers groceries from Giant right to your house!
Peapod is a really nice convenience for those who don’t have time to, or can’t go to the grocery store. I can imagine this service would be perfect for parents with a newborn or if you are stuck at home with the flu or even when you are coming back from a vacation!
How it works:
To order from Peapod you just log onto their website (computer, tablet or even your phone) and order your groceries! You can search for the food you want, or go through their categories to see what’s offered. You can search generic terms like “grapes” (like I did in the screenshot above) or by name brand. You can also see nutrition information and even sort by price or nutrition criteria.
I decided to order a variety of things off my normal grocery list so I could really get a feel for how it works. I ordered meats, eggs, fruits and veggies as well as my favorite iced coffee drink plus water bottles. When you check out you can chose the time frame for your delivery, or chose to have it ready for pick up at your local Giant store. Store pickup is a cheaper option than delivery.
My delivery came right on time and the driver brought it all in one load (seriously!) and said he could place it down wherever I wanted. He was very friendly and professional. He also explained to me that one of my items wasn’t available so they substituted a name brand for the item instead of the store brand for the same price! My only disappointment was that I had ordered onions and they weren’t available so they didn’t bring any whatsoever. All my food was really fresh and all the refrigerator items arrived very cold.
Some tips for using Peapod:
- Order ahead of time. You can’t choose delivery on the same day (I tried) so be prepared with your order at least the day before you want it.
- Shop with a list! It’s easy to wonder around the grocery store and throw stuff in your cart, but there are so many options online if you don’t know what you need it can get a little overwhelming!
- Allow text message alerts! They will text you when the driver is on their way and when they arrive so you can be ready. This is great if you needed to go run out of the house for a minute during that 2 hour delivery window!
- Read the specifics. I ordered 1/2 pound of sliced turkey lunch meat, but I didn’t read that it was thickly sliced instead of thin sliced. There are plenty of options, you just have to read the description to make sure you’re choosing the one you want.
- Use you Giant bonus card! You can enter your card for savings as well as shop from a list of items you have previously purchased using your bonus card!
This giveaway is open to anyone, but the giftcard can only be used for Peapod orders which delivers from your local GIANT grocery store. Please check there is a store near you that participates. Prize is for giftcard only and cannot be exchanged for anything else.