Welcome back to Mini Chef Mondays! This week Carter and I are sharing one of my favorite cookie recipes (besides chocolate chip of course) – Snicker Doodles! Cookies are both fun to make and eat, and Carter was able to help with almost every step of this recipe.
Snicker Doodle Cookies
You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- cinnamon & sugar mixture (mix equal parts cinnamon & sugar)
3. In a separate bowl sift the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar. We just mixed it with a whisk and it worked fine!
4. Dump half the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix together. Add the rest and mix again. You will have a light yellow, sticky batter.
I let him use the hand mixer for this recipe for the first time. I was super nervous but he followed the directions and did it correctly, didn’t even spill a drop!
5. Cover dough and place in fridge for an hour to cool. The dough should be cold and hard.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make your cinnamon & sugar mixture on a small plate or bowl.
7. Remove dough from fridge and start making the cookies!
For each cookie: take a piece of dough about the size of a walnut and roll into a ball. At first Carter kept making them into snakes, but after I showed him a few times what to do, he started to get the hang of it!
Roll the dough balls around in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat all sides. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 10 minutes, until edges are brown. Add two minutes if cookies are too soft.
9. Cool on a wire rack before enjoying!
Test the cookies!
Don’t worry, we saved one for you!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Inside Out Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Cake Batter Christmas Cookies // Momma Lew
- Cherry Banana Yogurt Smoothie // Baby Loving Mama
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies // We’re Parents
- French Toast Muffins // Frugal Novice
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Recipe // Eating Richly
- Simple Pumpkin Hummus with Pita Chips // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Baked Apple Pie Bites // Step Stool Chef
- Pumpkin Granola // Vegging at the Shore
- Apple French Toast Casserole // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Apple Pie // O’Boy! Organic
- Snicker Doodle Cookies // Can’t Google Everything