This week for Mini Chef Monday’s we made another recipe my friend Fran suggested! She suggested this recipe to me because it’s easy and fun for kids to make, as almost all the ingredients are measured in a yogurt container! This is a French recipe, Gateau au Yaourt, or in English “yogurt cake!”
- 1 small container of yogurt, any flavor (180g/about 6oz). We used vanilla. If your yogurt is slightly smaller/bigger than this measurement, that's just fine.
- 2 yogurt container cups of sugar*
- 3 yogurt container cups of flour*
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 yogurt container measure of oil*
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
*For the flour, sugar and oil, use the empty yogurt cup for the yogurt you used in the recipe to measure
- Mix together all ingredients in a big bowl. Pour into bread pan.
- Bake for 30 - 45 minutes in oven preheated to 180C/350F degrees.
- Test for "doneness" with a toothpick. Do not overbake, as it will make the cake very tough!
You can use any flavor of yogurt you'd like, try a few out! You can also add other things to amp up the flavor such as lemon zest, chopped apples or other fruit or even nuts to customize it how you'd like!
Slice and enjoy!If you enjoyed our video, why not head over to YouTube and subscribe? Thanks for watching!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Banana Split Frozen Yogurt Bark // Courtney’s Sweets
- Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie Bowl // Momma Lew
- Strawberry Cucmber Lime Infused Water // Baby Loving Mama
- Smores Chocolate Chip Cookies // We’re Parents
- Super Moist Healthy Carrot Cake Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Ginger Snap Cookies // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Strawberry Lime Frozen Pie // Vegging at the Shore
- 5 Ways to Get Kids Involved in the Kitchen // O’Boy! Organic
- French Style Yogurt Cake // My Mini Adventurer