Halloween is just about a month away so it’s time to get in the Halloween spirit with some spooky foods! This week we made Spooky Spaghetti Spiders, which were easy to make and so much fun to eat! I tried to find black squid ink pasta to make the spiders even spookier, but I was out of luck! If you can find it, then you can make these spiders with spooky legs! Squid ink pasta is naturally black in color using the ink as a natural food dye. Instead I just used regular whole wheat pasta.
All you need is pasta and hot dogs! You can use whatever types of each that you prefer. Whole wheat pasta, regular pasta, plain hot dogs, all beef hot dogs- the choices are yours!
To make the spooky spiders- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut your hot dogs into slices then stick 4 thin spaghetti noodles through each one to make 8 legs per spider. Cook in boiling water until pasta is cooked through. Serve with ketchup!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 6 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins // Courtney’s Sweets
- Black Spider Party Punch for Halloween // Finding Zest
- Easy Halloween Breakfast for Kids // Eating Richly
- Autumn Harvest Rice Bowl // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Cold Sesame Sweet Potato Noodles // Vegging at the Shore
- Spooky Spaghetti Spiders // My Mini Adventurer