Welcome back to Mini Chef Monday’s! This week my mini chef and I made our first ever “pop” recipe using marshmallows. Since Thanksgiving is this week we decided to create some cute pilgrim hats for our pops. This recipe only needs 4 ingredients and is so fun to make together with your mini chef! Happy Thanksgiving!
Break up the chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth.
Break apart your Oreos into halves and scrape off the filling. Set out onto parchment paper.
Insert wooden cake pop sticks into the marshmallows and carefully dip each one into the chocolate, using a spoon to help coat all over. Place on an Oreo cookie half, allowing the excess chocolate to flow over the sides to cover the cookie as well.
Once all the pops are done, transfer to the freezer for about 30 minutes to set. Use white decorating icing to pipe on the hat decorations.
Carter wanted to eat his before it was decorated! He just couldn’t wait!
I used white icing to draw a line and “buckle” on each hat. I think they turned out pretty cute and they are delicious!
- 10 marshmallows
- 5 Oreo cookies, pulled apart and filling scraped off
- 2 chocolate bars of choice (we used milk chocolate)
- white decorating icing
- Cake pop sticks
- parchment paper
- Break apart the chocolate bars into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 30 second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Place the Oreo halves onto parchment paper.
- Push a stick into each marshmallow, about halfway through. (don't push all the way, because if the stick comes out the bottom they won't stand up strait on the cookies)
- Dip each marshmallow into the melted chocolate, use a spoon to help fully coat.
- Stick the coated marshmallows onto the cookies, allowing the excess chocolate to flow over and cover the cookies.
- Transfer to freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Remove from freezer and decorate with icing. Enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pomegranate Almond Chocolate Bark // Finding Zest
- Sweet Potato Waffles Recipe with Pomegranate Syrup // Eating Richly
- Vanilla-Orange Candied Cranberries // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Candied Pomegranate Vanilla Cashews // Vegging at the Shore
- Pilgrim Hat Marshmallow Pops // My Mini Adventurer