Welcome back to Mini Chef Mondays! This is our first “real” mini chefs post of the new year, as last week we shared a round up. My mini chef and I are back in action with new recipes for 2017! This week we made lettuce wraps for lunch together and they turned out delicious. My son even said he loved “this kind of lettuce” after trying it! Ever since I was a little girl I have never liked bread and meat together. So, regular sandwiches were always out for me until one day I discovered the magical invention of- the wrap! I used my love of wraps as inspiration for this fun lunch sandwich, using lettuce instead of tortillas to wrap them up!
In our house we call deli meat “lunch meat,” probably because that’s what we did growing up, hence the name for this recipe. To start off, chop up your favorite lunch meat, we used turkey. You could also just rip it into smaller pieces with your hands!
Lay out extra large pieces of lettuce to start assembling your wraps. First, put on whichever condiments you like on your wraps. We used mustard, but you could also add your favorite mayo or even hot sauce. Next, top with your chopped meat, grated cheese and any veggies you want to add, such as tomatoes or avocado. Last, roll up your wraps and enjoy!
What fillings would you add to your lettuce wrap?
- extra large pieces of lettuce (we used iceberg this time) 2-4 per person depending on the size
- 1 package of your favorite lunch meat
- shredded cheese of choice
- condiments of choice: mustard, mayo, hot sauce etc
- veggies of choice, for example chopped tomatoes, avocado, cucumber etc
- Wash the lettuce and pat dry. Set aside.
- Chop up the lunch meat and any veggies you plan to use.
- Lay out the lettuce slices. Add condiments, meat, cheese and veggies.
- Roll up and enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Hot Cocoa Cupcakes // Courtney’s Sweets
- Yogurt Flatbread Pizza Heart // Finding Zest
- Strawberry Sprinkle Donut Hearts Totally Dye Free! // Eating Richly
- Crispy Turmeric Chickpeas // Vegging at the Shore
- Lunch Meat Lettuce Wraps // My Mini Adventurer