We recently made this fun treat to get in the Halloween spirit! You can make these spooky spider web rice krispies treats with your kids for an easy last minute Halloween treat! Forget you signed up to bring a treat to the class party? Make these the night before in a snap! All you need is your basic Rice Krispies treat ingredients plus the decorations!
Enlist your little goblin or ghoul to help make the treats! Bigger kids can help with almost every step of the process, from melting the marshmallows, to stirring in the cereal to adding the spider webs! Carter loved making these with me and we all loved eating them!
Spooky Spider Web Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows, plus the rest of the bag for the topping
- 6 cups chocolate rice krispies cereal
- Candy or sprinkle spiders
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat. Prepare a cake pan with cooking spray.
- Remove from heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Stir in the cereal until well coated.
- Spread the mixture in prepared pan. Allow it to fully cool and then cut into squares.
- Melt remaining marshmallows (or a few cups) in microwave and stir until smooth. Do not over heat or burn! (I do about 30 seconds)
- Let the marshmallows cool a little and then use clean fingers to grab a dollop at a time. Spread the sticky marshmallows over the treat squares to create "spider webs"
- Add the spider candy's to the webs and you're done!