Every time I walk by this particular square of sidewalk I notice this crack. Although it doesn’t look exactly the same, it almost always reminds me of a crack in time and space as seen in Doctor Who! And guess what fellow Whovians? I don’t have to tell you what- Doctor Who returns this weekend with a new series and a new doctor! To celebrate I am counting down the 5 scariest (in my opinion) characters from Doctor Who!
5. This shadow monster guy from the “Haunted House” (Hide) episode seriously gave me the creeps. This monster was kind of an add on to the actual plot of the episode, and was basically a shadow that followed The Doctor and Clara through the house as they were in search of the ghost. We find out later that he is just trying to find his mate, who is stuck in a pocket universe, but meanwhile don’t look in a dark corner on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night!
4. Snowmen! Just look at them. The snowmen appear in the Christmas episode of 2012. The snowmen appear on their own rising up out of the snow to attack Clara outside a tavern and increase with her fear. They are definitely not the scariest of monsters but something about the idea of killer snowmen just creeps me out!
3. Weeping Angels. You’ve seen these statues all around, maybe even in your neighbors yard, but after seeing a few episodes of Doctor Who with them you will definitely think twice about them! The angels (and cherubs) appear as statues but are actually alive. They can only move when you aren’t looking at them- so basically if you blink or look away for even a split second they can move closer and closer for the attack.
2. Peg Dolls! Judging from the picture I don’t think there is much to explain about why these made my number 2 spot on the “scary list!” The peg dolls existed in a little boys imagination. He could put anything he feared into a doll house, including people. When real people were sent to the doll house the peg dolls would chase them around trying to “play” with them and if they touch you, you turn into a doll as well. #creepy
1. The Silence. The silence are by far the most terrifying of all the Doctor Who characters! If you don’t watch the show you might see this as just your basic big eyed alien, but they are so much more! The Silence live all around but people never know it because you only know they are there when looking directly at them. Once someone looks away they immediately forget about seeing the Silence, although they can retain information or suggestions that the Silence make. In other words, they can control the course of history, and no one would ever know they were there.
So there you have it! Five very terrifying, very nightmare haunting monsters from Doctor Who!
Now who (ha) is excited about the new series starting on Saturday?
This month’s super sponsor: