This week we will embark on the longest car ride we have ever taken Carter on, and needless to say I am a little nervous! We decided to dived the trip over two days to cut down on the length of time continuously sitting in the car and hopefully that will help! Beyond that I’ve been doing some thinking on how to make a road trip with kids a little easier and here are five tips I came up with!
1. Keep snacks handy! Bring several and more single serve snacks ready to go in baggies or tupperware and keep them in a bag near you so aren’t fishing around while your kid is
screaming asking politely for food!
2. Activity bags! Pack activity bags to hand your kid so they have a new thing to do every so often. Having them bagged separately keeps everything organized and creates some novelty as each baggie contains a new surprise! I am also throwing in a new toy for a big surprise!
3. Load up the iPad! My son loves to play games and watch videos on the iPad! Add a few new things on there right before your trip for extra fun. And don’t forget to charge it up the night before! No one likes a dead iPad.
4. Bubbles! Brings bubbles for the rest stop to have an easy and fun activity! Your kids can burn off some excess energy and get a little exercise running around chasing the bubbles!
5. Create busy books! I have a quiet book I made with felt a few months back. For an easier DIY you could create activity pages to print out and laminate and let your kids write or draw on the pages with dry erase markers!
I’d love to know- What are your tips for traveling with kids?
This month’s super sponsor: