This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media® and Smithfield, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #SmithfieldAllNatural
After the chaos of summer, fall is a great time to get back into a routine! One thing that really helps me feel good about my daily routine is having dinner cooked on time. With back to school for the kids also comes the craziness of after school activities, sports and homework. A great way to keep to your schedule and get dinner on the table is to use your slow cooker. All you have to do is pull your cooked dinner out of the slow cooker and have a stress free dinner ready to go for the family!
I came up with a very easy and delicious slow cooker recipe for pork tenderloin, a little sweet but with a slight spicy kick to it.
Sweet and Spicy Pork Tenderloin
You will need:
- 2-3 pounds Smithfield All Natural Pork loin or tenderloin
- 1 bottle of your favorite brown sugar barbeque sauce
- rub mixture
For the rub mixture:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
What to do:
1. Mix the rub together
2. Place pork in a shallow dish and rub the mixture on both sides. Cover and refrigerate an hour, or overnight. (you can do this step the night before!)
3. Place pork in the slow cooker and pour the barbeque sauce over it. Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours.
4. Slice or shred the pork, serve and enjoy!
Slow cooker recipes are my favorite way to save time on a busy day and they are so easy to make! Sometimes at the end of the day you just don’t want to cook a big meal, but if you do all the prep work earlier by making a slow cooker meal there’s nothing to worry about! I made this recipe when some friends came over for dinner and we all really loved it!
This recipe is good for family members of all ages! It wasn’t too spicy for Carter and he loved it!
Whats your favorite slow cooker recipe? Let me know if you make this one, I’d love to hear from you!