Fall is the best time of the year for apples with great prices and even more variety available. We love smoothies in our house so I thought- why not create a smoothie featuring apples as the main ingredient and I came up with this Apple Pie Smoothie recipe! I’ve made these a couple of times now and my toddler loves them!
Apple Pie Smoothie
You will need:
- 1 apple of choice- chopped
- 1 6 ounce vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice (recipe below)
- 1 tsp brown sugar (or regular if you don’t have brown)
- Throw everything in a blender and blend until smooth!
- Add a handful ice if you want it to be extra cold.
Apple pie spice is a little pricey as far as spices go, but you can make it yourself with spices you most likely have already! There are several ways to make apple pie spice and here is mine:
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
This month’s super sponsor: