Black Widow Jello Shots are made with soda to give them a nice dark color! Read on for the recipe!
I think it’s about time for another gelatin shot recipe around here, don’t you? Whether or not you’re a fan of the Avengers movie, and the Black Widow character, you can still enjoy these Black Widow themed gelatin shots! They are perfect for your Avengers movie party (adults only, of course!), cherry lovers, or save the recipe for next Halloween!
I first made these shots for an Avengers themed party, but I think they’re a great theme for a Halloween party as well! These shorts are a very dark reddish brown, almost black, and will bring a spooky element to your Halloween party. Or, hand them out to parents of trick or treaters, they’ll see sure to enjoy this “treat” just for them!
Black Widow Gelatin Shots Recipe
- 1 cup Dr Pepper Cherry
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 package black cherry Jello
- maraschino cherries
- jello shot cups
- Carefully pour the Dr Pepper into a sauce pan and bring just to a boil.
- In a bowl mix the hot soda with the Jell-o powder until it’s fully dissolved. Don’t worry if it bubbles up a little bit!
- Add the cup of vodka and stir well.
- Pour into your shot cups, this makes about 14 2-ounce cups. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- After about 2 hours, cut the cherries in half, one half for each shot. Place the cherry halves on the jello carefully. They will sink in a little since it’s not fully set yet.
- Allow to set the rest of the way, at least 2 more hours. Serve and enjoy!
For our party I called them “spider bites!” I have to admit- these shots came out really well and were delicious! They are one of my favorites I’ve made so far!
What’s your favorite cocktail or shot recipe? I’d love to make a gelatin shot based on your favorites!