I think it’s about time for another gelatin shot recipe around here, don’t you? Whether or not you’re a fan of the Avengers movie, and the Black Widow character, you can still enjoy these Black Widow themed gelatin shots! They are perfect for your Avengers movie party (adults only, of course!), cherry lovers, or save the recipe for next Halloween!
Black Widow Gelatin Shots
What you need:
- 1 cup Dr Pepper Cherry
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 package black cherry Jello
- maraschino cherries
- gelatin shot cups (I use 2 ounce cups, which is a great size for these shots!)
What to do:
- Carefully pour the Dr Pepper into a sauce pan and bring just to a boil.
- In a bowl mix the hot soda with the Jell-o powder until it’s fully dissolved. Don’t worry if it bubbles up a little bit!
- Add the cup of vodka and stir well.
- Pour into your shot cups, this makes about 14 2-ounce cups. Transfer to the fridge to set.
- After about 2 hours, cut the cherries in half, one half for each shot. Place the cherry halves on the jello carefully. They will sink in a little since it’s not fully set yet.
- Allow to set the rest of the way, at least 2 more hours. Serve and enjoy!
For our party I called them “spider bites!” I have to admit- these shots came out really well and were delicious! They are one of my favorites I’ve made so far!
What’s your favorite cocktail or shot recipe? I’d love to make a gelatin shot based on your favorites!
Stay tuned for more on my Avengers themed party next week!