This week for Mini Chef Mondays we tried another yummy dessert recipe! My friend Fran, who introduced us to the Swiss Plum Pie recipe I shared in November, told me about this very easy dessert recipe called Preussens. A little bit cookie and a little bit pastry, Preussens are easy to make and very kid friendly!
Cinnamon Sugar Preussens
You will need:
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar mixture (the ratio is up to you!)
1. Preheat the oven to 220 Celsius (approx. 425F). Roll the puff pastry dough out on a flat, clean surface.
2. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture all over. I put it in an old sprinkle container so my son could shake it all over the pastry. Use your (clean!) hands to spread the mixture around.
3. Use a rolling pin to press the cinnamon-sugar into the dough.
4. Roll each side of the pastry towards the middle so they meet, like a scroll. Try to make it as even and tight as possible! (hard to do with kids helping, but do your best!)
5. Slice the dough into thin-ish slices (about 1/4 inch or so) to make the cookies. Slightly thicker or thinner is okay, it’d not an exact science. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
They come out nice and crispy and sugary! Enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Easy Fruit Salad Recipe for Valentine’s Day // Courtney’s Sweets
- Red Velvet Waffles // Momma Lew
- Homemade Cherry Banana Ice Cream // Baby Loving Mama
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats // We’re Parents
- Chocolate & Sprinkle Coated Shortbread Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Best Lactation Cookies Recipe // Eating Richly
- Brown Bag Microwave Popcorn // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Chicken & Broccoli Quesadilla // Step Stool Chef
- Farro with Roasted Vegetables // Vegging at the Shore
- Chocolate Strawberry Puppy Chow // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Healthy Ambrosia Salad // O’Boy! Organic
- Cinnamon Sugar Dessert Preussens // Can’t Google Everything