This week we pulled together a quick and easy cute snack for Mini Chef Mondays! Carter loved it and as he was eating he said “thank you mommy for making this snack with me!” This was the first time I let him use a knife and he tried really hard to do it correctly. I thought bananas were a good choice to using a knife for the first time, since it’s an important cooking skill to practice I wanted to let him start with something easy.
Banana Caterpillars Snack
You will need:
- various sprinkles (including two black ones for the eyes!)
- 1 pretzel stick (more if you want to make feet, too)
Carefully slice the banana and arrange slices into the caterpillar shape. Decorate body with sprinkles and use two black sprinkles to make the eyes. Break the pretzel sticks in half and stick them in the head to make the antennae. You could also use pretzel sticks to add feet to your caterpillar.
Serve and enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes // Momma Lew
- Watermelon Strawberry Cooler // Finding Zest
- Stawberry Lemonade Ice Pops // We’re Parents
- Coconut Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter Recipe with Blendtec Giveaway // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Dipped Sugar Cookie Sticks // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins // Vegging at the Shore
- Low Stress Dinners: Make Your Own Pizzas // O’Boy! Organic
- Banana Caterpillar Snack // My Mini Adventurer