Welcome to the final week of the Mini Chef Mondays back to school theme month! One of those classic after school snacks we grew up with is “ants on a log,” is made with celery, peanut butter and raisins. But, if you know me at all then you’ll know that I absolutely despise celery! So, I came up with this alternate version of ants on a log, perfect for my fellow celery haters!
To start, cut your cucumbers in half lengthwise, and scrape the seeds out. Try to find a skinny cucumber for best results.
Spread the cheese on each cucumber piece.
Add black olive slices to resemble the “ants!”
Voila! This snack was so easy to make together and my son had fun putting the “ants” on and telling stories about them. To serve, I sliced the cucumbers up into smaller two-bite pieces. This would also make a great appetizer before dinner!
- 1 large cucumber
- cream cheese with herbs or similar spreadable cheese, such as Alouette
- black olives (2-3)
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
- Spread the cheese into the seed area.
- Cut the olives into slices and line them up on the cheese to resemble the ants. Enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started.
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Say I love You – Heart Shaped Hard Boiled Eggs // Courtney’s Sweets
- Homemade Dunkaroos // Momma Lew
- Homemade Fruit Cup for School Lunch // Finding Zest
- Smores Waffles // We’re Parents
- Canned Tuna Sushi for Kids // Eating Richly
- Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Vegetarian Quinoa Chili // Vegging at the Shore
- Top 5 Back to School Lunch Must Haves // O’Boy! Organic
- Cucumber Ants on a Log // My Mini Adventurer