In the spring and summer I always loved sitting outside by the fire pit with friends and making our favorite dessert- s’mores! We don’t have a fire pit anymore, but we can come with other creative ways to enjoy this treat, including making other s’mores themed desserts! So, my mini chef and I did just that! We created s’mores cereal bars for Mini Chef Monday’s this week and they are delicious with a capital D!
S’mores cereal bars are very similar to your basic rice krispies treat recipe, except you use Golden Grams cereal instead! Melt the butter in a large pot and then add the marshmallows, stirring until melted. Add the cereal and stir to coat, then add half the chocolate chips.
Press the mixture into a greased rectangular pan, such as a cake pan or casserole dish. Use butter or oil to grease your hands or the back of a spoon to help press the cereal mixture down. Top with the other half cup of chocolate chips. Let the bars cool to room temperature before cutting up to serve.
Yum! You could also add mini marshmallows to the mixture when you add the chocolate chips, but those weren’t available in our store so we’ll try it that way next time!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 40 marshmallows, or 1 package mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal (or similar store brand cereal)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, divided.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until melted, don't let them burn!
- Remove from heat and add cereal. Mix until all the cereal is covered.
- Toss in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Using greased hands or back of a spoon, press mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over to top it off.
- Cool to room temperature, then cut into squares and enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!