Welcome back to Mini Chef Mondays! This week Carter and I are sharing a very delicious banana bread recipe! In fact, if I can be bold, I’d say its the best banana bread ever! Now, I’m not a big fan of nuts in my food so my banana bread does not have nuts, but you can add them if you like. You can also make it totally vegan by making some easy subs, too!
Stir it all up! This is the best part for kids! My son would always say “stir, stir stir,” as he did it!
Last, add it to a greased pan and bake for an hour! And your house will smell amazing!
Slice and enjoy!
My son was able to help with a lot of the steps of the recipe and was very excited to try the bread when it was done! It’s a pretty easy one to make, and a great way to use up some bananas you might otherwise have thrown away!
Best Banana Bread Recipe:
- 2-3 very ripe bananas
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 butter (or vegan butter to make it vegan)
- 3 full tablespoons apple sauce (or 1 egg if you don't have applesauce)
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash the bananas up in a bowl using a fork or potato masher.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- Grease a bread pan with cooking spray. Add bread mixture.
- Bake for an hour at 350 F.
- Allow it to cool before serving!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Stuffing Muffins – Traditional Bread Stuffing Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Thanksgiving Cornucopia Snack Mix // Momma Lew
- Jello Cranberry Cookies for the Holidays // Baby Loving Mama
- Sweetly Roasted Pumpkin Seeds // We’re Parents
- Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies // Frugal Novice
- Cooking With Kids Daniel Tiger Snack // Eating Richly
- Kid Egg in a Hole // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Berrylicious French Toast Casserole // Step Stool Chef
- Pear Coffee Cake // Vegging at the Shore
- Strawberry Glazed Mini Chocolate Donuts // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Pumpkin Parfaits // O’Boy! Organic
- The Best Banana Bread Recipe // Can’t Google Everything