My son loves dessert, and I love the idea of being able to offer him a dessert that is somewhat healthy and not just candy! Enter, the fresh fruit sorbet! We made sorbet with fresh peaches this week and it turned out amazing! You really have to try it for yourself! The best part? It just takes a little blender action and some freezing, so your kids can help with almost every step along the way. Peaches are another favorite summer fruit and this sorbet is a blast of peach flavor and so refreshing for summer!
Peel and slice peaches, then freeze them. Add frozen peaches to blender.
Add yogurt and honey. Blend until smooth. You may have to pause the blender to help mix around the frozen peaches, as they tend to get stuck together. You can also add a splash of milk to help it along.
Eat immediately, or transfer to a container with a lid to freeze a little more.
- 5-6 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced*
- 1 small container vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- *alternately, you could use pre-frozen peaches
- Peel and slice peaches, then freeze for several hours or overnight. Freeze in one layer if you can so they don't stick together in a big blob.
- Add peaches, yogurt and honey to blender and blend until smooth. Add a splash of milk if needed.
- Serve immediately, or transfer to a container to store in freezer.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Yogurt Parfait with Fresh Fruit // Courtney’s Sweets
- Quick and Easy Fudge Recipe // Momma Lew
- Berry Kiwi Cooler // Finding Zest
- Blueberry Lime Cupcakes // We’re Parents
- Cake Batter Ice Cream Recipe // Eating Richly
- Dipped Sprinkled Ice Cream Cones // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Lavender Blueberry Ice Pops // Vegging at the Shore
- Fresh Peach Sorbet // My Mini Adventurer