Welcome back to Mini Chef Mondays! This week my mini chef wanted to be in the photos again and was really excited about this recipe to boot! Since St Patrick’s Day is coming up I thought it would be fun to do some rainbow themed recipes, and what better way than with some yummy fruit?! We made these easy and yummy fresh fruit popsicles with very little prep time!
Chop up your fresh fruit (or use frozen if you prefer) in rainbow colors. We used:
- Blueberries for the blue/purple layer.
- Kiwi for the green layer.
- Pineapple for the yellow layer.
- Peaches for orange. (canned, since they aren’t in season right now) You can also use mango!
- Raspberries for red.
Fill your ice pop molds with the fruit in rainbow color order. We did reverse order, but I found the juice made the red from the raspberries run into the other layers, so next time I’ll do the red layer first! After adding all the fruit, carefully pour juice in to complete the pops. We use apple juice, but you could also use white grape juice or coconut water. Any clear or lighter juice would work. You could also use a mixture of half apple juice half water to cut down on the sugar.
Freeze overnight and then enjoy your frozen rainbow of fruit!
- Peaches or mangoes
- Raspberries or strawberries
- Clear or light juice such as apple, white grape or coconut water.
- Chop the fruit into smaller pieces.
- Fill the ice pop molds with the fruits in rainbow color order. Be sure to spread each fruit evenly over the molds.
- Fill in the molds with juice. Add sticks and transfer to freezer.
- Freeze overnight, then enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 4 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share your own recipes!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!